Professor of Theatre Studies, drama historian, theatre researcher, university teacher, and theatre critic
Main areas of research interests: history of European and Bulgarian theatre; theory of performance; stage directing; contemporary theatre practices; new European drama; comparative cultural studies.
She has nine books and a number of studies and articles published in over ten languages; member of the editorial boards of many specialized journals for theatre, arts and culture such as the Papers of BAS, Homo Ludens, writer of the Stage column for Literaturen Vestnik weekly; Editor-in-Chief of the Annals of NATFA; Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Art Studies Quarterly.
- BITEF 2018: From political theatre to a theatre as an existential experience
- The 25th Edition of Varna Summer International Theatre Festival: Gathering a variety of theatre voices
- Masters by Racho Stoianov restaged at the National Theatre
- The International Theatre Festival Divadelná Nitra turns 25
- Theatre as a Democratic Experiment
- Deutsches Theater’s Waiting for Godot in Sofia
- Jernej Lorenci’s The Iliad: A Journey to the Archetypal Fears
- Polish dance performance at the National Palace of Culture, Sofia: My Life in Tears or a wordless story
- Poland’s New Drama: Beyond the Dramatic and Post-dramatic Text for Theatre
- Yavor Gardev’s The Seagull: The First Premiere at the Newly Opened Azarian Theatre, Sofia
- BITEF 2015 – In Memory of Jovan Ćirilov
- Thomas Ostermeier: On Europe, Theatre, Communication and Exchange
- Bulgaria’s New Drama. Political Theatre on Focus