A roundtable on the New Bulgarian Feature Film
A roundtable on the new Bulgarian feature film will be held as a sidebar to the Golden Rose 2021 Bulgarian Feature Film Festival by the Screen Arts Department, Institute of Art Studies, BAS, on 29 September 2021, 10:00 am, press foyer, Festival and Congress Centre – Varna. The participants will discuss topical issues such as:
* Topical issues such as thematic and stylistic trends in the new Bulgarian film;
* Whether or not sustainable feature film models are shaped in the last years;
* Whether or not Bulgarian cinema meets the expectations of the Bulgarian society;
* Artistic films and/or movies for the public;
* Publicly funded and independent films: audiences and distribution;
* Changes in the role and function of the critics.
The team working on the project carried out by the Institute of Art Studies, BAS, Post-totalitarian Bulgarian Film: Models and Identities will participate in the roundtable: Ingeborg Bratoeva-Daraktchieva, Prof. Nadezhda Marinchevska, Prof. DSc. Petya Alexandrova, Assoc. Prof. Alexander Donev, Assoc. Prof. Andronika Martonova, Asst. Prof. Deyan Statulov, Rosen Spasov, PhD, Asst. Prof. Teodora Doncheva Asst. Prof. Iosif Astrukov, etc.
The discussion is open to all Bulgarian producers, directors, film critics and filmmakers attending the Festival.