1999 – PhD, thesis on Ethno Pop Music and Creative Industries;
2001–2003 – SRF of 2nd degree, Department of Ethnomusicology, IAS, BAS;
2003–2004 – SRF of 1st degree, Department of Ethnomusicology, IAS, BAS;
2004 – Dr. Habil. degree in ethnomusicology, awarded by the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles;
2010 – Dr. Habil. degree in journalism and mass communications awarded by the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles, Assoc. Prof., Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Sofia.
2018 – Doctor of Science. "Topic of the dissertation Media music. Sound recording and media (re) produced music from Bulgaria" (defended at Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communications).
Doctor of Science. "Topic of the dissertation Media music. Sound recording and media (re) produced music from Bulgaria" (defended at Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communications).
2020 – Professor of Public Communications and Information Sciences (journalism – media music) at Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communications)
Joined IAS in 2001.
Assoc. Prof. Ventsislav Dimov has authored four monographs, four textbooks and school aids; editor and/or compiler of fifteen collections, themed issues of journals, books, etc.; 112 studies and articles, 30 reviews and scientific reports such as:
– Венцислав Димов. 2001. Етнопопбумът. Българско музикознание. Изследвания. София, 2001. (monograph, pp. 196)
– Венцислав Димов (co-author Лозанка Пейчева). 2002. Зурнаджийската традиция в Югозападна България. София, 2002. Българско музикознание, Изследвания. (monograph in Bulgarian and English, pp. 512)
– Венцислав Димов. 2012. Добруджа: памет и песни. Добрич: Матадор 74, 2012, (monograph, pp. 228)
– Венцислав Димов. 2005. Към изследване на записаната музика в България от първата половина на ХХ век: архиви и колекции. – In: Българско музикознание, 2005, No. 1, София, pp. 144-172.
– Димов, Венцислав. 2010. Медийната музика в предметното поле на етномузикологията. – In: Българско музикознание, год. 34, Nos. 2-3/2010, pp. 23-40.
– Димов, Венцислав. 2013. Върху една необходима антропология на медийната музика. – In: Изкуствоведски четения 2012, pp. 14-25. София: Институт за изследване на изкуствата.
– Dimov, Ventsislav. 2015. Music images in splits (after the usage of traditional Balkan music in commercial videoclips). – In: Keller, Ines, Fabian Jacobs (hg.) Hybride Welten 8. Das Reine und das Vermischte – 15 Jahre danach. Münster & New York: Waxmann, 113-128.
– Димов, Венцислав. 2016. Рекламата като точка на пресичане на медийно, музикално и етническо. – In: Медии и комуникации. Юбилеен сборник 40 години Факултет по журналистика и масова комуникация. София: УИ „Св. Климент Охридски“, pp. 69-92.
2005–2007 – led the international project Twentieth-century traditional and popular music recorded and broadcast on radio funded by BAS, Bulgaria and Sibelius Academy, Finland;
2004–2016 – Author of six individual research projects; five of them completed and published as monographs.
Assoc. Prof. Ventsislav Dimov has participated in 113 symposia and conferences at home and abroad (USA, Germany, Serbia, Macedonia, Turkey, Bosnian and Herzegovina, etc.).
Courses of lectures at universities and academies:
Media music: music on e-media, music on radio, music in digital formats; anthropology of music.
Assoc. Prof. Ventsislav Dimov has supervised five PhD students, three of them awarded doctoral degrees as follows:
– Galina Denkova, IAS, BAS (2011);
– Tsvetelina Stoikova, Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Sofia (2013);
– Rumyana Margaritova, IAS, BAS (2016).
– Book 2002 Award of the Union of Bulgarian Composers for Musicology (2003);
– Top Prize 2003 in Realisation of Musical Forms section at The Eighth Muse Festival of TV/Radio Programmes for Arts and Culture for Singers of Maritime Tales TV documentary of Varna Regional TV Centre (writer Ventsislav Dimov);
– Contribution to the Development of Romany Culture in the Republic of Bulgaria 2004 Award of the International Romany Union;
– Top Prize 2008 in Educational Programmes section at The Eighth Muse Festival of TV/Radio Programmes for Arts and Culture for What a Memory Was Evoked TV documentary of Varna Regional TV Centre (writer Ventsislav Dimov); Nomination for the Golden Chest International TV Festival, Plovdiv ’2008;
– Book 2010 Award of the Union of Bulgarian Composers in Applied Musicology: Media Activities section for compiling the album Ivanka Georgieva. Who Embroidered the Banner.
Special Mention 2013 of the Union of Bulgarian for Musicology for his book Dobrudja: Memory and Songs.
Research related activities:
The author and radio presenter of Folk Ethno Magazine weekly programme for traditional music and culture, Darik national radio broadcaster (since 1993, with over 1,000 broadcasts).
Applied ethnomusicology: author of expert commentaries and conceptions of musical events; member of expert committees and juries, of organising committees for mounting cultural events, of NGOs and research and art organisations